Monet, Cézanne, Kandinsky are just some of the important painters that have used watercolors in some of their greatest works. Life now imitates art as watercolor inspired prints in clothing and accessories become a must for the Spring and Summer season.
Here are some of my recent water colored inspired faves:
1) Banana Republic silk watercolored dress with drawstring waist. Perfect for any spring afternoon. Currently on sale!
2) American Apparel multi watercolor tights. These are a major statement piece with an 80′s vibe, so don’t overdue it with the rest of the outfit to avoid looking costumey.
3) JCrew ruffle bandeau top and bikini bottoms. A delicate, sophisticated look for poolside lounging.
4) Watercolor Clutch at Etsy. This linen/cotton floral printed clutch by Taiwanese designer, Chang-Hsin Wang, is the perfect watercolor accessory for a day or night out on the town. Based out of New Zealand, Wang’s clutch and more of her pieces can be found under her profile WalkingWardrobe.
5) Louisa Settee at Anthropologie. Let your home be your own personal gallery with this traditional French settee upholstered in a beautiful water colored inspired pattern of linen and cotton.
6) Tibi Viola Silk Chiffon Maxi Dress. You should never outshine a bride at her wedding, but this dress may make that pretty difficult. In a beautiful blush tone with the perfect amount of dramatic watercolor detailing at the bottom, this is a perfect dress for any springtime wedding or evening event. *Currently 65% off at TheOutnet.com.
7) Blumarine Watercolor Print Dress. This dress will turn heads both for it’s bold watercolor print and body hugging shape. Wear with cute flats for a fun, fresh springtime day look or with platform heels for a va-va-va voom evening look. It’s sure to impress.
So go ahead and become a walking work of art with these or any other watercolor inspired pieces!